Thursday, October 13, 2011

welcome to an idea.

part one: I sat in sociology class as a freshman in college and listened to numerous students share their goals in life. Some replied simply, "become a mom." others replied, "international peace corresondant," and "a survivor of this economy."

The stories revealed identities no one would guess by looking at the appearance of these students. They were in college for a degree to maybe assist them in serving a purpose. Or perhaps their purpose was just to make their parents proud for the first time in their lives.

part two: I was given the gift of an angel on May twenty third, two thousand eleven. It came in the form of my cousin, and it was a gift that kept on giving. I was given his story (you can read about it at http://www.bigefoundation.org/iansstory.html ) and I needed an outlet to share it.

part one plus part two: And then.. an idea.
It hit me like a train... and immediately lit a spark in my mind.
What if there was an outlet for people's stories. stories that revealed their quest for a purpose, the purpose of that month, or even the purpose they already served.

After a few phone calls with a scattered mind and enthusiasm only in children on christmas morning, this blog was born.
 it's an outlet. it's an inspiration. it's a gift. it's a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment